Back to BOA homepage

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Welcome to my blog

This year I will be spending 4 months in Northern Uganda working in community development through a number of different avenues.  The intention of this blog is to raise awareness about the realities, challenges and beauty of this part of Uganda and East Africa more broadly, and I hope that this blog will shed light and inspire others to educate themselves more about this region of the world, and some of the challenges and avenues available for topics and themes like community development, social entrepreneurship and social business, cross cultural collaboration and sharing to resolve some of the many problems that plague so many of us, and so many societies.  I hope that you will follow the blog and share it with your friends.  I hope that people will also comment or send their own blog posts that I will happily post and cite the author.  I hope this can be a forum for conversation, sharing and learning for many.  As the blog grows I hope to link it to some of the many things I am involved with and passionate about including Beads of Awareness (www.beadsofawarness.com), the Concordia Volunteer Abroad Program (www.concordiavolunteers.org), youth engagement and empowerment and tons of other things.  I hope you enjoy and please send your comments positive or negative.  If you read something that evokes reaction please share this.
Thank you, and keep following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The BOA Blog Headline Feed

The BOA Blog